Call Today 407.309.5993

Dangers of Mold Growth

How is Mold Generated?

Mold appears in damp areas. It shows up frequently in the bathroom or homes with basements. Mold also loves to live in fruit, old newspapers, windowsills, ceilings, wallpaper, and even in leather jackets. In Florida, we get to experience the wonderful acts of nature that could cause mold growth.

This growth appears in our homes after a flood or a water-related disaster, especially in areas of high humidity. Homes and businesses are both candidates for mold growth. Mold can spread quickly through the property and will affect the people residing in them regularly. If you do see it, do not think it’s time to burn the place down or move to another country, relax, we are here for you.

Mold Versus Mildew

Strange enough, they both have similar characteristics behind how they act when appearing. Mold and mildew appear in warm and moisture filled areas in homes and commercial buildings. The differences between the two, Mildew is a surface fungus, usually a grey patch, but sometimes white on a moist area. Mildew can be treated easily with store bought products and some elbow grease.

Mold is a different beast. It can appear green, dark green, or black. Typically a result of a much larger infestation compared to mildew. Mold is slimy and shouldn’t be handled by bare hands.

What it Could Do to Your Health

Mold is toxic and could cause changes in a person’s well-being. If mold isn’t treated, a person may develop these symptoms from prolonged exposure:

  • A runny nose
  • A cough
  • Sneezing
  • Allergic reactions
  • Hives
  • Rash
  • Trouble breathing
  • Sinus infection
  • Asthma attacks
  • Bronchitis
  • Pneumonia
  • Bleeding in the lungs
  • Headaches
  • A sore throat
  • Fatigue
  • Depression
  • Joint pain
  • Trouble concentrating

We also aren’t the only ones in our homes; we have pets. How does mold affect them?

  • Excessive scratching (in the absence of fleas)
  • Licking or chewing on his paws or feet
  • Skin rash
  • Sores
  • Runny eyes
  • Wheezing when he breathes
  • Frequent sneezing
  • Itchy ears (scratching them a lot)
  • Ear infections (his ears may have a yeasty smell if you sniff them closely)
  • Lethargy or fatigue

If these are symptoms you or your pets encounter, you may have mold growth in your home or place of work. It might be time for an inspection.

How is it Removed?

It’s important to pick someone that is trained and certified to conduct any mold removal and restoration services. Here at Hydradry, we’ve been at this for over 40 years. We are here to help!

Our Mold Removal Services      

We are there when you need us most.  How do we go about removing mold from the home?

  • We assess the moldy areas within the home or business.
  • We then form a mold remediation plan.
  • Containment of the moisture and affected areas is vital to this removal process.
  • Filtration of the air to clean mold spores to avoid any further inhalation of spores for the residents of the structure.
  • We also will remove the affected belongings and materials that are contaminated with mold before treatment.
  • We thoroughly dry the affected areas.
  • Repairing all damaged materials removed in the process.
  • We then conduct final testing of your property.

Damage Restoration

If your home or business has been damaged by fire, water, mold, or a storm, you need fast and effective damage restoration services right away. Backed by more than 40 years of experience in the industry, Hydradry helps customers with all their disaster recovery needs.

Our business is fully licensed, bonded, and insured, as well as family owned and operated. Our goal is to restore the building to their pre-loss condition. We have effectively restored buildings throughout our years in service. Contact us today to schedule a service. 

Categories: